In an age of social media, we are bombarded with information about what is good for us and what isn’t. When it comes to dental health, at The Edge Dental the best advice is to listen to your dentist on how to ensure your teeth and gums stay healthy. Here are some dental myths explained:
- Does whitening damage my teeth?
- Teeth whitening, when carried out safely by a qualified dental practitioner, is completely safe. Teeth whitening is only carried out when your teeth and gums are healthy, and so at The Edge Dental, we always carry out a full checkup before any tooth whitening. Did you know that it is now illegal for anyone other than a dental professional to carry out tooth whitening? If you would like further information on Premium tooth whitening, you can visit the dentist in Alderley Edge. The team can explain all the options available to you.
- Surely, I’m too old for braces?
- You will be surprised to know that there is no upper age limit to straighten your teeth with braces. As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, anyone can have braces to straighten crooked teeth. Modern techniques such as cosmetic ceramic fixed braces and invisible braces such as Invisalign are a great way to achieve a smile you have wanted for years! If you want more information about teeth straightening you can visit the NHS Orthodontics page for all the information you need on braces.
- Diet drinks are better for my teeth than full fat drinks?
- Diet fizzy drinks may contain less sugar and so seem like a good alternative, but in fact, the acid in these drinks can cause significant enamel erosion or wear to your teeth. This may lead to dental sensitivity and dental decay. You can find out more about the effect of fizzy drinks on your teeth from Colgate.
If you are interested in becoming a new patient at a dental surgery that really cares about your teeth and wellbeing, then visit The Edge Dental in Alderley Edge. You will be treated with the respect and given the care that would be provided to their own loved ones. You really couldn’t be in safer hands!
The Edge Dental
6b London Road
Tel 01625 599 001
Email: [email protected]